Anushka Sharma is one of this generation's top actresses in Bollywood and one of the highest-paid celebrities in the country. known for beauty and bubbly charm, she has managed to make her way into the hearts of Indian audiences. Let's learn more about her fascinating life and her journey to stardom.
She initially started her journey as a model instead of with the goal of acting. Once Anushka graduated, she immediately moved to Mumbai and enrolled in a modelling academy to learn the art. When Anushka started taking on assignments, a realization set in her that she had an expressive face, it was just something that came naturally to her, and once things clicked, she immediately enrolled herself in acting school.
Initially, when Karan Johar first saw Anushka Sharma, he was extremely dismissive of her would be an understatement. Johar immediately called Aditya Chopra crazy for signing up an actress that has no discernible looks in his opinion. Not only that, he recommended to other producers to not take her in their movies. When her movie debuted, Karan remained dismissive of her, but when he saw Band Baaja Baaraat, it changed his opinion completely.
He gave her the opportunity in Bombay Velvet and even cast her as the female lead in Ae Dil Hai Mushkil. They both have moved on from their rough beginnings and are now great friends. Karan Johar even graciously apologized to her in his show Koffee With Karan.
Her journey to be the lead actress in Rajkumar Hirani movies has been longer than most people would realize.
She first auditioned for Munna Bhai M.B.B.S. for the role of Suman Asthana, performing the emotional monologue in the film. Funnily enough, she managed to be a part of a Rajkumar Hirani movie but only as a background photo from modelling days.
She even auditioned for the role of Pia but once again didn't get cast in the role, and it went to Kareena. On the sets of PK, she managed to surprise everyone by showing off the audition tape to Aamir and Hirani.
It showcases how long-winded a journey can be for many actors. Ultimately people who deserve the limelight will get it one way or the other.
An actor has a lot of loved one's and frequently can be successful artists or famous people. However, M.F. Husain's love for Anushka Sharma might be one of the fascinating stories. He is a big fan of her's and has watched Band Baaja Baaraat about 25 times.
It was his second favourite film, just below Hum Aapke Hain Koun 73 times. He was so impressed by her beauty that he wanted to paint her on his canvas. This was confirmed by Anushka's spokesperson and YRF representatives. Sadly he passed away in June 2011, and somewhere a beautiful portrait of Anushka remains unpainted.
Anuska Sharma might be well known for her extremely glamorous looks and for being part of a power couple. Many, however, might not know that she's an incredible entrepreneur who has her own production company titled Clean Slate Filmz. She's the co-owner of the company with her producing partner/brother Karnesh Sharma.
In the past couple of years, they've managed to create some of the best content Bollywood has to offer, like NH10, Bulbbul and Paatal Lok. By becoming a producer, she is one of the few actresses breaking the glass ceiling for women. From being a woman rejected by producers to being one herself, it's been quite a journey for Anushka Sharma.
She has also started her Fashion line named NUSH in October 2017. The goal of this brand is to bring a new level of flashiness to clothing and yet at the same time be affordable.
Today her Net worth is more than 255 crore rupees.
Anushka Sharma is a woman who has proven that with talent and self-belief, you can also achieve your dreams. She is an outsider who came into the industry and faced rejections even after her debut; today, Sharma is on the top. She is magnetic, unstoppable and continues to rise the ranks.
|Career Debut||Film: Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi (2008)
|Birth Place||Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Home Town||She basically belongs to Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh but she grew up in Bengaluru and now she is settled in Mumbai.|
|School||Army School, Bengaluru|
|College||Mount Carmel College, Bengaluru|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) ,Masters in Economics (Correspondence)|
|Marriage Date||Marriage: 11-12-2017
|Marriage Location||Borgo Finocchieto, Italy
Ranveer Singh (Actor)
Virat Kohli (Indian Cricketer)
Husband: Virat Kohli (m. 2017)
Brother(s): Karnesh Sharma (Merchant Navy)
|Actor||Shah Rukh Khan|
|Bollywood||Jab We Met, Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, Chak De! India and Dil Se|
|Hollywood||The Shawshank Redemption, Life Is Beautiful, In the Mood for Love, Fish Tank|
|colour||White, Grey, Black, Navy blue|
|Holiday Destination||The Himalayas, Goa|
|Perfume||Ralph Lauren Blue|
|Car Collection||Land Rover Range Rover Vogue
Land Rover Range Rover Autobiography
BMW 7 series
Bentley Flying Spur
|Salary (approx)||Rs. 8 Crore/Film (as of 2018)|
|Net Worth (approx)||$9 Million|
1) While paying her homage to Late Dr APJ Abdul Kalam on twitter, she misspelled his name as "ABJ Kalam Azad". After it, she was criticized on twitter and she deleted that tweet and posted another one, which was again wrong as she wrote "APJ Kalam Azad". At the third attempt, she finally tweeted it correctly i.e. "Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam".
2) There was a rift in her relationship with Virat Kohli for a while in the early 2016. If reports are to be believed then the reason behind it was that Virat invested a good amount of money in Anushka's film Bombay Velvet, which unfortunately failed at the box office. And, when Virat asked about the money loss to Anushka, she felt upset.
3) Crisiticm for Virat Kohli's poor show
4) Photo with Virat Kohli & Co. at Indian High Commission in England. It was found out that Anushka was the only family member of an Indian player or support staff.
5) Lip job controversy: Anushka Sharmas lip treatment had become the topic for everyone on social media.
6) Mistranslation of Sunil Gavaskar's comment in the commentary box.Gavaskar said that he hasn't had much practice because of lockdown and was only spotted playing cricket with Anushka. As certain publishers mistranslated the comment, a controversy erupted which even saw Anushka criticising Gavaskar.
1) She was called as a "not so beautiful actress" by her first producer, Aditya Chopra, while she came to give an audition to her first film, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.
2) She auctioned her leather jacket from the film Jab Tak Hai Jaan on eBay in December 2014 to help raise funds for the flood-ravaged states of Kashmir and Assam.
3) Anushka is afraid of Lizards
4) She used to be non-vegetarian but in 2015, she turned vegetarian. In the same year, she won the 'Hottest Vegetarian Award' by PETA