You Will Thank Us For This 7-Step Guide To Don A Traditional Maharashtrian Saree
If you wish to try the marathi mulgi look this Ganesh Chaturthi, just like Farnaz Shetty, then here’s a step-by-step guide to it.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that when it comes to style and dressing, our favourite TV star Farnaz Shetty is just perfect with whatever she picks. Fans who love to watch her popular show Siddhivinayak on And TV would very well know that recently the actress went on to steal everyone’s hearts. And the reason was she chose to wear a beautiful traditional Nauvari saree.
Catch up with the latest episodes of Siddhivinayak, here:
No doubt, the actress looks a perfect Marathi mulgi onscreen. Don’t you agree with us? Just like her admirers, we are in love with her Marathi mulgi look, and all the credit for it goes to her beautiful traditional Nauvari saree. So, if you are planning to wear it as well? Then, we’ll help you with some tips as draping a Nauvari saree is not that simple. Being its draping style is very distinctive, it seems tricky, but when done right it looks extremely beautiful. Take a look at a seven-step guide to don a traditional Maharashtrian saree. You can thank us later.
- Use a traditional silk cotton saree and blouse, and instead of wearing an in-skirt (petticoat) wear stretchable shorts for comfort.
- First, wear a blouse and make sure it fits perfectly. Take the saree and take one end on the right side to make a double knot right over the navel.
- Take the pallu on your left shoulder, wrap it around and bring it straight down under your right shoulder.
- Tuck in the saree and then take the front length loose fabric and start pleating neatly into small sections. Once you are done with the pleats, to secure them hold it into a bolster so that all the pleats are tucked in firmly.
- Leave off what you have of the pleats out in the front, grab the centremost pleat between the legs and tuck it in behind.
- Take the portion of the saree near the feet and fold it into a layer in such a way that the border of the saree can be seen out in the front.
- Secure the pallu with a pin over left shoulder, the Nauvari style saree draping has a really short pallu length.
Try to wear the saree with some traditional jewellery just like Farnaz did. She was seen wearing a Nath, Kolhapuri Saaj, etc. Pull back your hair into a bun and accessorise with gajras to nail the look perfectly.
So, try it NOW!
Share more tips if you have any in the comments section below.
Watch Ganesh Chaturthi Special movies on ZEE5.