Take Tips On How To Grow A Good Garden In Your House From Arunbabu Of No 1 Kodalu
The lockdown has opened people to many newer concepts. From cooking and eating only homecooked food to setting up their home-garden, newer avenues are adding more value to our lives. Raashi Khanna, Samantha Akkineni are amongst the few Tollywood celebrities who have embraced gardening. Even in our Zee Telugu serials, we have seen how Arunbabu loves and encourages staying close to the soil and living a healthy life, in No 1 Kodalu.
Watch the previous episode here:
For the unversed, Arunbabu is a former farmer who left his village to support his wife, Vagdevi. She had big plans and moved to the city to conquer her dreams. However, he found a way to keep himself busy and engaged through gardening. Given the vast area in his backyard, Arunbabu befriended many flowers and vegetables to keep him company and to keep him healthy. You can do it, too.
- Remember that most vegetables need at least six hours of sunlight and therefore, it is best to find a corner that gets enough of it.
- Soil is the defining factor that you can grow in your garden. So, understand the traits of your soil and plant accordingly.
- Make sure that there is enough path between your plants. It must allow you to do your job, hassle-free.
- Excited beginners may end up planting all that sounds exotic to them. That’s a mistake you must avoid. Because each of your plants will require special care and attention. You must devote it to only a few plants until you fully understand it.
- For starters, you can plant herbs at home. It requires less space, time, and attention. Also, it will give you an idea of how home-grown things can add a lot of freshness to the food.
- Change in the environment, or even baskets, can put the plants in a frenzy. It’s best to keep your sapling in its cover until the roots start to grow out. At that time, you can loosen the mud around the roots and pot in it a bigger one.
- Make sure to feed your plants what they require, and not what others suggest they need. The whole point of gardening at home is to avoid chemical-induced consumption.
Do not hesitate to try composting too. It’s a great way to reuse and reduce your kitchen waste and also to feed your plants some added nutrients. Here’s all you need to know about making your own compost.
Watch all the episodes of No 1 Kodalu on ZEE5 and stay tuned for brand new episodes which started from June 22.
ZEE5 News: Coronavirus Update Live.