Raksha Bandhan 2020: Beyond The Clouds, My Brother Nikhil – Binge Watch On These Films With Your Siblings
Can’t venture out this rakhi amidst the lockdown? Don’t worry just Indulge in some ‘sibling time’ with these movies and don’t let the coronavirus kill the festive vibes.
Raksha Bandhan is one very special festival, a festival that celebrates a very special bond that of a sister and brother. Though this year the celebrations may not be as grand as the previous years because of COVID-19, there are other things we can do to make this day special and spend some quality time with our siblings. So get into the spirit of Rakhi shouldn’t, get some popcorn ready and get set to watch these films with your siblings.
1. My Brother Nikhil – The film is based on the life of Nikhil (Sanjay Suri) who is a professional swimmer. Nikhil comes out of the closet and declares that Nigel (Purab Kohli) is his boyfriend. His sister Anamika (Juhi Chawla) supports him and tells him that she would be with him in every decision of his life. But things take a downward turn when Nikhil is diagnosed with HIV. His career goes for a toss and the narrow-minded society is far from accepting him. But his sister stands with him through it all, as she promised.
2. Beyond The Clouds – The story of Amir (Ishaan Khatter) and his selfless sister Tara (Malvika Mohanan) is one that can touch hearts. Amir is a petty drug peddler, but one of his dealings leads to a police raid. He runs away and tries to save himself. But his sister turns herself in for his sake.
3. Pyari Behna – 1985 film starring Mithun Chakraborty and Padmini Kolhapure is a cult Bollywood film portraying the bond of a brother and sister. Kaali (Mithun) and his sister Seeta (Tanvi Azmi) share a very warm bond. But Kaali loses an arm in an accident and blames the person involving in it. Vinay, the person Kaali blames, ends up falling in love with Seeta! But Kaali petulantly refuses the marriage.
4. Kaashi In Search Of Ganga – Kaashi (Sharman Joshi) and Ganga (Priyanka Singh) live with their parents near the Ganga river at Varanasi. The overprotective brother Kaashi loves his sister until one day he loses her. In fear of something wrong that might happen to Ganga, Kaashi sets out in search of his sister. He only unravels deep mysteries on the way.
5. Dhaaga – A Marathi film based on the life of a brother and a sister belonging to the rural background. Set in a village of Maharashtra, the film explores the ties of the siblings against the strength of the outer world and the blows it gives. This is a short film streaming exclusively on ZEE5!
Watch ZEE5 Originals, movies, and shows streaming on ZEE5!
Get all the live updates on Coronavirus on ZEE5 News Section