Mother’s Day 2020: Try These Easy Breakfast-In-Bed Recipes And Surprise Your Mother
While we all complain about having to do office work on weekends, there is one person in the house who never gets weekly offs or even holidays from household chores and that’s mom. It’s Mother’s Day this Sunday on May 10 and the best gift this year for mom would be your time and thoughtfulness. On this special day, let her have the luxury of enjoying a surprise breakfast in bed, prepared by you. Now that we are all in this lockdown, there is ample time to check out these easy recipes that we have listed for you. Try out these awesome recipes and treat your mom to some real pampering this year on Mother’s Day, starting with an amazing breakfast.
Check out these healthy and tasty recipes and get down to business:
Broccoli Paratha is not only one of the healthiest recipes but also a delicious one. Here’s what you need to do for a healthy nutritious ‘whole wheat flatbreads, stuffed with spiced broccoli.
- First prepare the paratha dough, which takes 1.5 cups whole wheat flour, ¼ teaspoon salt, and 1 to 2 teaspoons oil in a mixing bowl. Now mix this well. Then knead it to a soft smooth dough, cover it and keep it aside for like 30 minutes. Now while that sets, you can prepare the broccoli stuffing.
- Use 1.25 to 1.5 cups grated broccoli, 2 teaspoons oil and 1 chopped green chili to heat them in a small pan and stir them for 2 to 3 minutes on a low flame. Then add the spices – chilli powder, garam masala powder, amchur powder and salt. Mix them well before you add 1 tablespoon besan to the mixture. Again mix them well and let the stuffing cool at room temperature.
- Now all you need to do is use 2 to 3 tablespoons of the broccoli stuffing on each rolled dough and you are good to go. This recipe can take your cooking game to the next level.
Vermicelli Nuts Idly
If you want to spend less than 5 minutes in a kitchen to impress your mom by cooking some delicious dish then try Vermicelli Nuts Idly.
- Take a broad non-stick pan and heat it with just 1½ tbsp of oil. Then add the vermicelli and nuts, roast it for 2 minutes (on a medium flame) and stir the same continuously. Once you are done, remove the flame and add the roasted vermicelli to the semolina.
- Then you can add curd, salt and 1½ cups of water, mix them well, and cover it with a lid, letting the mixture rest for 30 minutes. Later, place them on the idli steamer and let it steam for 10 mins and your Vermicelli Nuts Idly is ready to eat.
Bread Rava Toast
We have also got the easiest one for you – Bread Rava Toast – that will only take a couple of minutes for you to prepare.
- All you need is some bread slices and the Rava-veggie mixture. Spread the mixture thinly and evenly on each slice. We say thinly because you don’t want to ruin the crispness of the toast by spreading the mixture way too thick.
- Once, you are done with that, take a Tava and heat it but make sure it is medium flame as you know what ‘too much exposure to heat’ does to the bread) Once the Tava is hot enough, place the bread slices on it.
- When you roast the bread (using 1/2-1 teaspoon oil for each bread slice), keep the Rava-veggie mixture side down. And there you go, your Bread Rava Toast is ready!
We hope these recipes would impress your mother on this occasion. She may also get emotional to see you entering the kitchen and preparing breakfast for her. Top these recipes with a glass of juice or a mug of cold coffee on the side and you are all set. With the lockdown going on, its hard to make plans outside the house. So unleash those creative juices and make fun lockdown plans at home.
Tell us what item do you plan to prepare and how do you plan to make her feel special. Share your celebration ideas with us in the comment section below. Stay tuned!
And, if you love to watch Tamil dramas, you can check out Auto Shankar on ZEE5.