If Too Love Khandvi Like Ashwini Radha Krishna, Here’s How You Can Make It At Home
Our very own Ashwini Radha Krishna aka Rasathi is a complete foodie. She loves t gorge on delicious delicacies from a verity of cuisines. The talented actress, who essays the lead role in Zee Tamil’s Oru Oorla Oru Rajakumari relishes Gujarati food preparation Khandvi, and if you too like it, we will tell you how to make it at home. You may WATCH Master Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s video to see how Khandvi is prepared. We will share all the ingredients and procedure so that you can make it whenever you wish to try it at home.
1 1/4 gram flour
1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
Salt to taste
Green chilli paste 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
Ginger paste 1/2 teaspoon or as per taste
1/2 teaspoon lemon
Buttermilk 2 cups
Asafoetida as per taste (optional)
– Put gram flour in a big bowl and add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, salt to taste, green chilli and ginger paste, lemon juice and buttermilk and made a batter out of it.
– Meanwhile, grease the bottom side of 2-3 large plates because you will require it later to spread the paste to make the final product.
– Now, heat a kadhai or a deep pan and pour this batter into it. Now gently stir the mixture until the batter reduces to half and becomes a thick paste. Make sure that it doesn’t lose moisture.
– To check if the batter is ready to get spread on to the greased plate, apply a small portion and spread a thin layer evenly and allow it to cool. Once it cools, gently loosen the edges to roll the sheet. If it easily goes without sticking to the plate, then the paste is ready for rolling the khandvis.
– Now, before the entire paste cools in the khandvi, spread it on the surface of the greased plate. Once it cools, use a knife to make horizontal marks on it and start rolling the sheets one by one.
– For garnishing, take 2-3 teaspoons of oil and put some small mustard seeds until it splutters. Add curry leaves, chopped green chillis (optional), a pinch of asafoetida. Now pour this mixture on the rolled khandvis. For final garnishing, add grated coconut and chopped coriander leaves.
Learn how to make Aloo Cheese Paratha By checking out the video on ZEE5.