Home Ministry Gives Statement On Bollywood’s Drug Connection

The statement from the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) has come amid allegations of drug use that were levelled upon the Indian film industry.

Jessica David

September 16, 2020

Trending News

2 min

zeekannada

On Tuesday (September 15), the Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) said no actionable inputs have been received by the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) on the nexus between people in the film industry and drug traffickers during the Coronavirus pandemic. The statement from the MHA has come amid allegations of drug use that were levelled upon the Indian film industry especially after the death of Sushant Singh Rajput. Earlier in the day, Samajwadi Party MP Jaya Bachchan has also raised the matter in Rajya Sabha slamming those who have been calling the Mumbai-based entertainment industry a “gutter.”

In a written reply by the Minister of State (Home) G Kishan Reddy said, “Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) carries out search, seizure, arrest and investigation continuously throughout the year on the actionable inputs developed on its own and/or on receipt from other sources. During the period of Coronavirus lockdown, no such actionable inputs were received by the NCB revealing the nexus between people in the film industry and drug traffickers.” However, he mentioned that a case has been registered by Narcotics Bureau Mumbai Zonal Unit referring to the Rhea Chakraborty case. The minister further informed that 10 people have been arrested ever since the case was registered. “Drugs such as ganja, hashish, tetrahydrocannabinol and lysergic acid diethylamide have been seized in the operation,” MoS Home added.

Get the latest political news updates on ZEE5.

Related Topics

Related News

More Loader