Dussehra is also known as Vijaydashmi as it marks the end of Navratri and the victory of good over the evil. It is said that during these nine days Maa Durga was fighting against the evil Mahishasura and she killed the evil on the 10th day. Many Hindu women fast during these nine days and on the day of Dussehra, they break their upwas and eat normal meals. Today we bring you five quick and easy recipe to make this auspicious festival even more special.
Watch the first recipe below:
To make this recipe you will need:
- 1 glass milk
- 2 tsp dry fruits
- 1 cup fried daliya (porridge)
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Kesar
- 1 tbsp gulkand
- Take a bowl and add 1 cup daliya, 1 tbsp gulkand and make balls from the mixture.
- Deep fry the balls in oil.
- Next, take another kadai and add 1 glass milk, 1 tbsp sugar and stir it for a while.
- Now add 1 tsp cardamom powder, 1 tsp Kesar and 2 tsp dry fruits.
- Lastly, add the daliya balls and let it cook for some time.