COVID-19: Fire Breaks Out At SSG Hospital In Gujarat’s Vadodara

Amid the scare of the Coronavirus pandemic, the doctors of SSG Hospital in Vadodara, Gujarat had to fight against fire.

Jessica David

September 11, 2020

Trending News

2 min

zeekannada

A day after a fire broke out in an ICU ward on the first floor of the civic-run SSG Hospital in Vadodara, Gujarat, a CCTV footage that emerged of its ICU-1 showed the calm with which three doctors attended to patients and doused a ball of fire before it engulfed all things around. The video, which is two minutes and 45 seconds long, showed three doctors dressed in PPE kits, working around the ventilator and changing its socket points before it suddenly exploded. The video further showed two female doctors, with limited protection, evacuating a patient who was on the support of the same ventilator that exploded.

The patient, visibly unable to stand on his own two feet, took slow steps with the help of doctors, away from what turned into a formidable fire. Within seconds, the machine exploded and another doctor rushed to an elderly lady on the next bed, removed the attached equipment and helped her walk out. Two other young patients seen in the video watched for a while even as electric fumes filled the room and clouded their vision. Meanwhile, a surgeon managed to douse the flames with the help of an extinguisher, averting a major catastrophe and casualties.

Get the latest COVID-19 news updates on ZEE5.

Related Topics

Related News

More Loader