Commemorate Ramzan By Enjoying Chef Sanjeev Kapoor’s Sumptuous Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani
Hyderabadi Biryani is a great way to break your fast and enjoy Ramzan food in all its glory. Check out the recipe here.
Ramzan is a month full of fasting, prayer, reflection and community service. Everyone in our society gets excited for the Iftari and the Eidi that comes along this month. While our times may be tough right now, it is great that we can still find a reason to celebrate. So, go ahead and make this sumptuous Hyderabadi Mutton Biryani.
Watch the full recipe here:
- To make the traditional Hyderabadi Biryani, start by cutting onions in a large quantity. Take half of the lot and deep fry it. Set it aside for future use. Cook rice as usual and add salt, bay leaves, black pepper, cardamom and cinnamon. Allow it to cook cohesively.
- You will need to make a special masala which will be used to marinate the mutton. To make it – add jeera powder, cinnamon, black pepper, cloves, cardamom to a blender. Blend it to a fine powder.
- Now, get ready to marinate the mutton. Start by adding ginger and garlic paste to the meat along with salt. Add the blended powder and red chilli powder, onions, curd, mint leaves, coriander leaves and oil. Mix it well and allow it to marinate.
- Take another pan and add ghee or oil to it. Now, add cardamom, cinnamon, onions, the marinated mutton, some water and allow it to cook until the mutton starts to melt or become tender.
- Moving on to the final step. Take a separate bowl and add some ghee to it. Sprinkle a thin layer of rice on it and then pour the mutton with some mint leaves. Cover it with the entire batch of cooked rice.
- Gently pour a good amount of saffron-mixed milk for rich colour and cover the lid. Allow it to cook for at least 30 mins.
Chef Sanjeev Kapoor advises that one must open the lid only a few moments before serving it.
Check out more recipes here.
Don’t forget to watch films on ZEE5, available to you for free.
Get all the live updates on Coronavirus on ZEE5 News Section.