Birthday Special: 7 Things You Did Not Know About Birthday Queen Malavika Avinash
Malavika Avinash is a well-known television and film actress and also a politician. She has also hosted Baduku Jataka Bandi, a television show that aired on Zee Kannada and has, recently, been a part of the ensemble cast of KGF: Chapter 1. Married to actor Avinash, the actress also has a son named Gulaav.
Well, there is no doubt that the multi-faceted personality has created a niche for herself and has given nothing short of a stellar performance in each role of hers. While she has not been known as a ‘heroine,’ her contribution as a supporting character has proven to be the highlight of every film that she has done.On her 44th birthday, here are 7 things that you must know about the actress.
1. Malavika has completed her Bachelor of Law at Bangalore University and was also awarded the third rank in the same.
2. She is trained in Bharatanatyam. G.V Iyer spotted her performance and decided to cast her as Krishna in his Krishnavataar. She then played a lead role as a princess, in a children’s film Nakkala Rajakumari.
3. Malavika’s stint as a child artiste was followed by her entry into cinema, as a heroine in award-winning Malayalam films for Lenin Ranjendran, and some popular Kannada films too. She has also done a remarkable job in the 2006 film Cyanide.
4. During her school and college days, Malavika participated and won many international moot courts as a student, served as editor of her college journal, and also wrote for a legal column in a popular news publication.
5. Malavika served as head of programming at Zee Kannada.
6. Malavika entered politics, campaigning for the late Sushma Swaraj. She is a member of the BJP’s Mahila Morcha, and was appointed as one of its co-spokespersons in 2014.
7. She has also done television series for Girish Karnad, Ashutosh Gowariker, Ashok Naidu in Kannada and Dinesh Baboo in Malayalam. Her performance in the 1998 show Mayamruga, provided her with the iconic status among Kannada television viewers.