Aamhi Saare Khavayye: Learn To Make Watermelon Mithai
Yes, we understand, it’s not even the peak of summer but the heat is already insufferable. By the time, you have reached your destination, you have cussed this weather enough to put you in a bad mood. As you are rubbing the beads of sweat off your forehead, we have found a solution to lift up your spirits out of this sweltering heat. Aamhi Saare Khavayye is presenting you with Watermelon Mithai which will help you cool down better than a blast of the air conditioner can. Check the recipe below!
Watch the video below:
Cooking time: 45-60 minutes
- Pieces of watermelon peel
- Strawberry crush
- Bay leaves (Tamalpatra)
- Take the white part of watermelon peel and make holes in it for the flavours to seep in.
- Heat up the water in a pan. Add the above watermelon peels in the water.
- Let the peels cook for about 10 mins, it should become transparent. Then, take it out.
- Take two pans for making different flavours of mithai.
- In pan 1, put 1/2 kg of sugar with 2-3 cardamon, 1-2 glasses of water and 1 bay leaf. Add 1/2 teaspoon of Kesar dipped in water in this mixture and stir it to melt the sugar.
- While this is boiling, add the transparent watermelon pieces. Thicken the liquid.
- In pan 2, add 1 bowl of strawberry crush, 1/2 kg of sugar and 1 glass of water.
- Stir the liquid in pan 2 and let the sugar melt. Add watermelon pieces to it.
- After this is done, take out the pieces from both the pans and let it cool down for 3-4 hours.
- The final mithai will be slightly hard from outside and moist inside.
When are you going to try it? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.
Meanwhile, for more entertainment, check out Kanala Khada streaming free on ZEE5.