Top ten fascinating facts about the Baahubali star Prabhas
Lesser-known facts about Prabhas, you should know if you’re a die-hard Prabhas fan.
Prabhas captivated a million hearts around the world with his film ‘Baahubali,’ which went on to become the largest hit in Indian cinema. Prabhas received a lot of praise and a lot of fan following shortly after the first installment of the SS Rajamouli directed film reached the theatres, due to his fierce appearance and romantic side. Everyone from Bollywood directors to A-list actresses expressed an interest in working with the actor. While his movies and purported relationships have made headlines, here are some lesser-known facts about Prabhas that you should know if you’re a die-hard Prabhas fan.
1. While south Indians are known to have long names which are considered quite difficult to spell, the same goes for Prabhas as well, you may get shocked to know his full name. Prabhas full name is Venkata Satyanarayana Prabhas Raju Uppalapati.
2. Prabhas is the youngest of three siblings, with an older brother named Pramod and a sister named Pragathi. Krishnam Raju Uppalapati, a Telugu actor, is his uncle. Prabhas went to DNR School at Bhimavaram and graduated from Sri Chaitanya College in Hyderabad with a B.Tech.
3. While most actors these days produce two to three films every year, Prabhas prefers to focus on one project at a time. He worked on the ‘Baahubali’ franchise for approximately 600 days and 5 years.
4. Having a wax statue at Madame Tussauds is a remarkable honour, and Prabhas is the first South Indian actor to do so.
5. Prabhas also didn’t wish to be an actor first. His heart was into the catering industry and he wanted to be a hotelier.
6. Prabhas confessed that he is a huge fan of Rajkumar Hirani, Prabhas has watched both “Munna Bhai MBBS” and “3 Idiots” nearly 20 times.
7. Prabhas postponed his wedding for Baahubali. According to rumours, his fiancée is a 23-year-old engineering student who was chosen for him by his parents.
8. He had turned down a lucrative sponsorship deal for Rs 5.5 crore. Prabhas was offered a fitness brand endorsement worth Rs 5.5 crore during that time, but he reportedly turned it down. You might wonder why. He didn’t want to be distracted from Baahubali.
9. Prabhas’s favourite vacation spot is the beautiful city, London.
10. Prabhas loves butter chicken and biryani