Celebrations in India are incomplete without dessert. Sweets are the highlight of every festive occasion. With Navratri 2019 and Dusshera 2019 over, the country is now gearing up for Diwali 2019 aka Deepavali. The festival of lights is brought in amid great enthusiasm and fanfare. Snacks and sweets of various kinds are prepared to welcome Goddess Lakshmi into homes. Thus, we bring you, our simplest Diwali Indian sweets recipes to make the most of this festive season.
Kheer is irreplaceable. But what if we tell you you can bake it and make it? Read the recipe here:
Ingredients: 500 ml of milk, 100 gms of crumbled cottage cheese, 3 tablespoon sugar, 1 tablespoon milk cheese, powder sugar, 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder, chopped pistachios
1) In a stock pan, boil milk and reduce it to low heat.
2) In another pan, melt crumbled cottage cheese, add 2 tablespoon sugar with some water. Cook on low flame for some time.
3) Once the milk has reduced, add cottage cheese mixture to it.
4) Add milk cheese, cardamom powder, 1 tablespoon sugar and mix well.
5) Pour the mixture in a ramekin bowl, and bake in a water bath for 180-degree celsius for 40-50 minutes.
6) Sprinkle sugar on the kheer and bake for a couple of minutes more
7)Refrigerate for 4-5 hours. Garnish with chopped pistachios
Catch Chenna Kheer recipe by Chef Pankaj Bhadouria here: