MumBhai: Did You Know Sikandar Kher Was Offered Dil Chahta Hai? Know 7 Unknown Facts
Sikandar Kher is all set to play the role of Rama Shetty in the upcoming series, MumBhai. Here’s a quick peek into some unknown facts about the star!
Sikandar Kher is all set to play the role of Rama Shetty in ZEE5’s upcoming Original titled MumBhai. He has worked in several movies like Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey, Players, Aurangzeb, The Zoya Factor and others. Many of us are aware of Sikandar’s movies and professional career. However, some facts about the star remain unknown to his fans. Here’s a quick look at some lesser-known facts and trivia about Kher’s personal and professional life. Read on to know.
Watch the trailer of MumBhai here:
1. Sikandar is the step-son of Anupam Kher. Reportedly, Sikandar was first offered the role of Sameer in the 2001 film Dil Chahta Hai. However, things didn’t turn out well and Saif Ali Khan was roped in for the same.
2.Sikandar did his schooling from Dehradun and then did a 6-months theatre course from Nation School Of Drama. He began his career as a co-director for Shah Rukh Khan’s movies Dil Toh Pagal Hai and Devdas.
3. Sikandar considers his mother as his ‘Leading Lady’. In a note for his mother, Sikandar wrote on Instagram: “Someone asked me two days ago, Sikandar, do you believe in god ?, I thought for a moment and said, yes I do, She lives in my Mom.” He went on to call Kirron Kher his “sky full of stars”.
View this post on Instagram
No words can encapsulate what a mother is so I’m going to go a different route. You came to Bombay to become a ‘Leading Lady’ in films and looking at you here, one can only say “God Dam Woman, hurry up already ! “ And going by your acting chops, you and Meryl Streep would’ve been best buds by now, you know, because of sitting together ever so often at the Oscars. ( अबे मा है यार मेरी allowed है ) But then life happened, as it always does, the ‘sneaky little fellow’ that it is. That little thing in your lap happened. ‘Bundle of Joy’ you thought… but you had NO IDEA what that ‘sneaky little fellow’ and that ‘Bundle of Joy’ had in store for you.. a heart beat and you gave up on your dreams and made someone else’s, yours. From a ‘Bundle of Joy’ to a ‘Bundle of Jo’ to a ‘Big Bundle’ to a ‘Hell let’s run for cover’ to a ‘Sh*t what do I do !’ .. Through all the tears and fears that I caused you, you didn’t blink once(just a couple of slaps here and there) .. There is so much to learn from you everyday and that makes me smile.. Smile because I have you to learn from.. Smile because of your values.. Smile because of your strength.. Everything you stand for and everything you do and just being there, even when you’re not, helps me, gives me strength, when that ‘sneaky little fellow’ tries being sneaky. Someone asked me two days ago, “Sikandar,do you believe in god ?”, I thought for a moment and said, “yes I do, She lives in my Mom.” Happy Birthday Mom, you’ll always be my ‘Leading Lady’ … #माँ #Mother #Birthday #Kirron #Love #Strength #Dreams #Woman #Life #God #14thJune2018
4. In 2016, Sikandar Kher surprised everyone as he got engaged to Priya Singh, Sonam Kapoor’s cousin. However, things did not go down well with the duo and reports about their split surfaced on the internet after 6 months. In 2018, Sikandar broke her silence and said that it had been two years and that he has no regrets.
5. Sikandar Kher was reportedly dating Rangbaaz Phirse star Gul Panag. However, in 2015, the duo broke up. Interestingly, Gul also spent a lot of time with the Khers.
6. Sikandar played the role of a CBI officer for the first time on ZEE5’s Original show, The Chargesheet: Innocent or Guilty?. The show entails the story of a mysterious murder. His character as Vidhur Mehra in the series was loved by entertainment buffs.
7. Abhishek Bachchan is Sikandar’s childhood friend. Abhishek and he also went to Actor Prepares, his father’s acting workshop with stars like Hrithik Roshan, Uday Chopra and others.
View this post on Instagram
Sikandar will be seen opposite Angad Bedi and Sandeepa Dhar in MumBhai. His bossy look in the trailer garnered praises from many. The web series premieres on ZEE5 on November 12.
To catch up on more such stories, go to ZEE5!