Madhya Pradesh: Over 12 cows die in Mahakal Temple in Ujjain
The cattled died after they were allegedly given poisonous grass
At the Mahakal Temple in Ujjain, Madhya Pradesh, things are pretty grim at the moment owing to the deaths of 12 cows from their cow shelter. It is believed that the incident is the result of poisonous feed that somehow reached the shed. Seeing the graveness of the situation, the temple administration has decided to fire the caretaker of the cow shelter. The probe has also been ordered by them in the matter. A local BJP MLA has said that strict action will be taken against those responsible for the incident.
The authorities at the Mahakal Temple in Ujjain say that the cows started falling ill on August 14 and collapsed due to dizziness. The veterinary department was summoned immediately. A team arrived quickly and started treating the cows, but over 12 of them had died. Cow shelters have become a very common phenomena since a ban on the sale of beef was imposed in a majority of states in India in 2017.
Get the latest trending news only on ZEE5.