Lahore Confidential: 7 Indo-Pak Relationship Stories That are all About Love And Positivity
Some stories are not defined by boundaries and by the places from where they belong. As Lahore Confidential is all set to tell a tale between Ind-Pak lovers, here are times when the relationships between people from these countries were nothing but overwhelming.
ZEE5’s upcoming Original film, Lahore Confidential, starring Richa Chadha, Arunoday Singh, Karishma Tanna, and Khalid Siddiqui in lead roles, is making too much of noise on the internet with regards to the gripping story of the flick. Directed by Kunal Kohli, the spy thriller revolves around the life of RAW agent Ananya from India, who bumps into a charming ISI agent, Rauf, from Pakistan. The duo falls in love with each other and their blooming chemistry has left fans in awe. As the movie is all set to depict a beautiful tale between an Indo-Pak couple, here’s a quick peek into times when the relationship between people from these countries screamed love and only love!
Watch the trailer of Lahore Confidential here:
1. Here’s a beautiful tale about two children who meet up near the river stream to play with stones. While one is an Indian Kashmiri who lives on the river’s other side, the other one hails from Pakistan. The duo is friends who live on the other side of the river. In the evening, they indulge in play-time and throw stones in the water. Even though they don’t know each other’s names, they fondly cherish their friendship and wait to see each other every evening after school.
2. Humans of Bombay shared another beautiful tale of two friends who proved that friendship sees no boundaries. While one of them hails from Islamabad, the other one stays in Bombay. The duo met each other in New York through a common friend and have been friends ever since. The duo has been friends for 12 years but never visited each other’s houses. However, the one from Islamabad decided to get into any lengths and finally went through a procedure of 4 months for the visa and ended up in Bombay.
3. Shared by the same above social portal, here’s another story of two best friends- Sarah Munir from Karachi and Mumbai’s Purvi Thacker. Sara’s visa was rejected and she was broken as she couldn’t be a part of Purvi’s wedding festivities. However, there’s always a ray of hope. Owing to the growing tensions between Ind-Pak, Purvi started a campaign on social media- “Bring Sarah to India”. Here’s an example that sometimes true friendship is what we need!
4. Indian tennis player Sania Mirza took the internet by storm after she broke the big news of her marriage with Pakistani cricketer Shoaib Malik in 2008. The duo tied the knot in Hyderabad and in 2018, they welcomed their baby boy- Izhaan Mirza Malik. In an interaction with a Pakistani portal, Malik stated that he wasn’t nervous about marrying Sania due to the strained relationship between the two countries. More so, he continued that, in a marriage, people don’t concern themself with where their partner is from or what is going on between the countries or in politics. He added that if somebody loves someone and gets married to that person, then that should be all that matters, regardless of which country they come from. We do agree with Shoaib and their photos on social media prove it right!
5. Indian golf ace Nonita Lall married Pakistani golf professional Faisal Qureshi. The duo met on a golf course and love blossomed between them. Now, they also have a son, Zahaan. In an interaction, Nonita mentioned that Zahaan is a keen soccer player and occasional golfer. With such heart-warming instances coming our way, we’re sure that some relationships are not affected due to the boundaries.
6. The web series Kaafir on ZEE5 narrates a true story of another bond of love that did not see the Indo-Pak border. A woman, Shehnaz Akhatar had accidentally crossed the border and reached India. When she was imprisoned in India after being considered as a spy, she went through a lot of hardships in the prison. An advocate, AK Sawhney, saw her situation and fought for her justice. His was the love out of humanity for Shehnaz Akhatar.
7. The veteran Bollywood actress, Reena Roy, shared one such loving relationship. In 1983, she had married the Pakistani cricketer, Mohsin Khan. Both of them were at the peak of their careers in their respective fields when they got married. Reena Roy and Mohsin Khan’s love did not see the border that separated them.
Just like the above stories, ZEE5’s upcoming Original film, Lahore Confidential, will chronicle the tale between two lovers, one from India and one from Pakistan. With their missions coming in their ways, will they part ways or will they fight the hurdles to be with each other? Lahore Confidential is all set to release on December 11, 2020.
Visit the news section of ZEE5 app for more Entertainment, Trending News, Movies and Shows’ stories!