Kapil Dev Birthday: Facts To Know About World Cup Winning Indian Captain
Kapil Dev is celebrating his birthday today on January 6, 2020. Here’s taking a look at some amazing facts and notable feats about this renowned Indian cricketer.
Greatest all-rounders of the world, Haryana Hurricane or inspiration of every Indian cricketer – Kapil Dev has certainly been one of the most known cricketers in the world of Indian cricket. He changed the dynamics of Indian cricket with his skills and turned out as an unbeatable star with his performance. On the occasion of Kapil Dev’s birthday, here’s taking a look at some amazing facts about the World Cup-winning Indian Captain.
- Kapil Dev was the Indian cricketer who led Indian Cricket team to their first-ever World Cup title in 1983.
- Kapil Dev was the first player to take 200 ODI wickets.
- In the history of cricket, he is the only player to take more than 400 wickets and score over 5000 runs.
- In 1991, Kapil Dev won his only and maiden Ranji Trophy title.
- Kapil Dev never got out through run-out in his entire test career.
- Kapil Dev was inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame in 2010.
- In 2002, Wisden named Kapil Dev as Indian Cricketer Of The Century.
On the occasion of Kapil Dev’s birthday, the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) send in wishes to the cricketer by highlighting his notable feats. From his initial runs and wickets to his achievements, BCCI wished Dev in the best way possible. Several other cricketers also wished him. This includes Virat Kohli, Sachin Tendulkar, Dodda Ganesh and Harsha Bhogle. Actor Ranveer Singh who would be portraying the role of Kapil Dev in his movie 83 also wished Dev by calling him the ‘OG’.