Janhavi-Shubhra, Banubai-Shanaya: Here Are A Few Examples Of How A Character Can Change The Actor’s Image!
Zee Marathi actors have changed and broken stereotypes surrounding them by jumping to characters that are reasonably opposite to their rigid image!
At the beginning of a career, the celebrities have far fewer options and they jump onto their big break. Some are lucky to have a meaty role while others just focus on proving themselves. Most usually, it is found that this first role and the big break becomes a major part of them and their identity. There are only a few celebrities who have the opportunity and the guts to choose the roles that break the stereotypes of their images! Here are a few Zee Marathi celebrities who chose to break the stereotype and were unafraid to start anew.
Watch an episode of Tejashri Pradhan’s Agga Bai Sasubai streaming on ZEE5.
1. Tejashri Pradhan: This girl’s got guts! From starting her career in the film Zenda, the actress pounced on the role of Janhavi in Honar Sunn Mi Hya Gharchi, a cosy and sweet girl. A homemaker and the perfect idol of a housewife, Janhavi faces all the obstacles of her life and quietly fights them. Much like Tejashri was before life gave her a big shock in the face after her marriage broke and all she had was herself! Tejashri emerged like a tigress and bounced back on Zee Marathi as the rebel and rulebreaker Shubhra of Agga Bai Sasubai. Independent, opinionated, and everything that Janhavi wasn’t, Shubhra’s role is loved by the viewers!
2. Isha Keskar: Remember Devdatta Nage’s show Jai Malhar? Then how could you ever forget the sweet, dimpled Banubai? From playing the role of a tribal girl to a goddess and then a fashion diva as Shanaya, Isha Keskar has come a long way! Don’t you think Shanaya was Isha’s breakthrough after Banubai’s role?
3. Subodh Bhave: Few know that Subodh Bhave starred in the Zee Marathi show Kulvadhu. The actor sported long hair, coloured shades, and vibrant yellow t-shirts! And now when you picture him as Vikrant from Tula Pahate Re, it’s such a shocking change, right? Tula Pahate Re‘s Vikrant is an evil guy and Subodh Bhave was simply adored in the role.
4. Abhijeet Khandkekar: Mazhya Navryachi Bayko‘s Gurunath was once Ekta Kapoor’s safe bet into the Marathi industry. Yes, he was the lead actor of her first Marathi production, Maziya Priyala Preet Kalena. Abhijeet’s character Abhi won the hearts with his innocence and charm. But Khandkekar is still winning hearts with his impish character of Gurunath. Such a difference, right?
5. Anita Date: Anita Date was seen in the Umesh Kamat-Spruha Varad starrer show Eka Lagnachi Teesri Goshta. Anita played the role of Ashwini Ketkar, a side character but a prominent role. The show was a sequel to Swwapnil Joshi-Mukta Barve’s Eka Lagnachi Dusri Goshta. But don’t you think Anita Date has all the spotlight and love for herself now as Radhika in Mazhya Navryachi Bayko?
Watch ZEE5 Originals, movies, and shows streaming on ZEE5!
Get all the live updates on Coronavirus on ZEE5 News Section