IRCTC Announces New Rules: Second Reservation Chart Will Be Prepared 30 Minutes Before Scheduled Departure
IRCTC has recently announced a new rule for booking tickets that will prove to be a boon for passengers
Indian Railway Catering and Tourism Corporation (IRCTC) has recently introduced a new rule for ticket booking. Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, some changes are recently made in the rules to follow the protocol. Now, as per new rules, IRCTC has decided that the second reservation chart will be prepared 30 minutes before the scheduled departure of trains. Since last few months, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the second chart was prepared much before.
Before the COVID-19 outbreak, IRCTC used to release the first chart four hours before the scheduled departure of the trains. For booking of the remaining seats, travellers can now approach the passenger reservation system (known as PRS) counters even 30 minutes before the train’s departure. Moreover, travellers can also book the seats online before the preparation of the second reservation chart and their seats will be allotted on a first-come-first-serve basis.
The decision of preparing the second reservation chart 30 minutes before the departure is being taken after zonal railways requested for the same. Also, this has been done for the convenience of travellers. Indian Railways in a statement revealed that the second reservation chart will be prepared 30 minutes before the departure of the train. As per the provisions of refund, the travellers are permitted to cancel booked tickets even during this period.
The necessary changes were issued by the Centre for Railway Information System (CRIS) to restore the new provisions in the software. However, the IRCTC e-booking rules have remained the same. Also, as per a railway official, travellers are supposed to arrive at the railway station an hour or two before the departure of the train.
If a passenger wants to book a ticket from IRCTC, he/she needs to follow these steps:
- Visit the website at irctc.co.in/nget/train-search
- Fill starting and end stations name
- Select journey date and class of coach
- Click on ‘Find Trains’ option
- A number of options will display
- Choose the train as per your requirement
- Click on ‘Availability and Fare’
- The berth fare of the particular train along with the number of seats available on a particular date will be displayed
- Click on the ‘Book Now’ tab if seats available
- At this stage, the traveller will be asked to log in to your IRCTC account
- Enter your details to log in
- Fill in the details of the passenger(s) to book
- Pay the fare of the seat(s) to finalise your booking
For more such exclusive stories, keep reading ZEE5.