Dystopian fire-breathing vehicles of ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ go up on auction
Petrolheads all over the world have gone gaga after hearing those monstrous engines revving in the movie ‘’Mad Max: Fury Road’.
Even if the vehicles don’t look visually appealing to some, petrolheads all over the world have gone gaga after hearing those monstrous engines revving in the movie ‘’Mad Max: Fury Road’. The news is that 13 of the vehicles featured in the movie are going up on auction at the Lloyds Classic Car Auctions.
“Mad Max was always about cars. The cars were a metaphor for power. The one thing that George (director) was very keen on and understood that in a world where there was next to nothing, what little is left need to be loved”, said Australian Production Designer Colin Gibson in a video dedicated to the vehicles of the movie. Colin went on to win four different awards in 2015 & 2016 for his work in Fury Road.
Watch the video here-
The vehicles to be auctioned from this George Miller film includes-
- The War Rig: A Tatra tanker truck and ball pig-trailer driven by Furiosa (Charlize Theron).
- Razor Cola: The 1973 XB Falcon Coupe which once belonged to Mad Max driven by Warboys.
- The Doof Wagon: A MAN 8X8 truck mounted with drums, speakers & a flamethrower electric guitar.
- Nux Car: A V8 fitted into a 1932 3-Window Chevy Coupe, driven by Nux.
- Elvis: A high-speed convoy car with a V12 plonked into an extended chassis 3-Window Coupe.
- Jag Flamer: A classic Jaguar convoy car that could spit fire in service of Immortan Joe.
- The GigaHorse: Supercharged Twin V8s on a mutant pair of 1959 Cadillac Coupe de Villes stacked one on top of another churning out a whopping 1,200 horsepower.
- Pole Car: A Pontiac Surfari with a 20-foot pole & counterweight that held polecats on top.
- Fire Car: An old-school hotrod, a beat-up Dodge that sported a flamethrower.
- Caltrop: A chopped-up Cadillac El Dorado capable of a serious offense.
- Buggy: A pint-sized, yet powerful Chevy Ratrod with a lot of firepowers.
- Buick: Yes, a Buick mounted with heavy artillery and a Hummer weapon mount.
- Sabre Tooth: A Ford F250 tow-truck designed to cling on to an enemy car with a harpoon and drop the metal teeth onto the ground, slowing the poor opponent’s car.
Even in a dystopian future, these enormous vehicles that ruled the sets of ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ with their roaring engines and mutant looks are going on auction from September 25 to September 26, 2021.