Diwali Spl: 7 Times Our Favourite Shows Made Our Mouths Water With Diwali Dishes Like Imarti & Besan Ke Ladoo
There were several times the chefs on our favourite cooking shows made us crave for these Diwali dishes. Here are the recipes of the delicious Diwali snacks.
Diwali 2020 has already arrived and everybody is busy making preparations for the festive season. Throughout the year, ZEE5 has streamed a number of cooking shows that have shown several dishes that one could cook during festivals. Take a look at 10 times these favourite shows of ours made our mouth water with these sweet dishes and snacks.
1. Ranveer Brar’s Imarti
Ranveer Brar in the show Northern Flavours showed us how to cook Imarti which is a dish that’s often cooked during Diwali. It looks just like Jalebi but tastes more heavenly. Take a look at the quick dish.
Ingredients: 1 cup of split black gram, 1 tbsp of rose water, 1 tbsp of corn starch, 200 ml of Sugar syrup and saffron.
- Make a fine thick paste of 1 cup split black gram without skin that is soaked for 2 hours with 1 tsp rose water, 1 tsp corn starch and very little water. Keep the batter in a bowl to ferment for 20-25 minutes.
- In a deep pan, heat the sugar syrup and add the saffron.
- Beat the batter and make it fluffy and add it to a piping bag.
- Now fry the batter by shaping it like an Imarti in the frying oil.
- Let the Imarti soak the sugar syrup and the dish is ready.
2. Gulkand Diwali pataka by Chef Emanuel Chauhan
Chef Emanuel Chauhan on Eat Manual showed us how to cook his special Gulkand Diwali Pataka. It is a quick Diwali snack that you should definitely try.
Ingredients: 1 cup Khoya, 1 Tbsp castor sugar, dessecated coconut, 5-8 cardamom seeds, cardomom powder, Gulkand pan masala.
- Heat the khoya and lets it become thick, once it cools down, add the castor sugar.
- To the mixture, add the coconut, cardamom seeds, cardamom powder and mix it well and create a dough.
- Make balls out of the dough and add gulkand pan masala as a filling and your dish is ready.
3. Baked Chenna Kheer by Chef Pankaj in Health in 100
During Diwali, we often end up consuming way too many calories and regret later. Chef Pankaj in Health in 100 showed us how to bake Chenna Kheer. Take a look at the yummy recipe.
Ingredients: Milk, Chenna(cheese), sugar, milk cheese, cardamom powder, dry fruits
- Heat milk and add sugar to it.
- Heat the cottage cheese and add sugar to it too. let the sugar caramelize well with the cheese.
- Mix the milk and the cheese and the milk cheese, cardamom powder and mix it well.
- Let it bake in a preheated oven for over 40 minutes and after it’s baked, let it cool in the refrigerator.
- For the dressing, add dry fruits on the top.
4. Chatpati Chakli by Sanjeev Kapoor
Diwali isn’t complete without chakali being the main snack. Sanjeev Kapoor in Khana Khazana taught us how to cook this delicious chatpati chakli.
Ingredients: Bhajnee flour 2 cups, dry garlic chutney 2 teaspoons, salt to taste, carom seeds (ajwain) 1 teaspoon, sesame seeds (black) 2 teaspoon, oil 2 teaspoon
- In the Bhajani flour, add the garlic chutney, carom seems, sesame seeds and salt.
- Cook the mixture and make sure it doesn’t have any lumps and make a dough out of it.
- Once it has cooled down, oil the chakali maker and add the mixer and mould the chaklis.
- Deep fry the spicy chakali and you’re good to go.
5. Gujarati Mohanthal recipe by Ranveer Brar
Ranveer Brar in the show Ghar Sa Yummy showed an easy way how to cook the Gujarati mohanthal. Take a look at the recipe.
Ingredients: 1½ cups gram flour, 2 tbsp ghee, 150 gms ghee, 1 cup milk, 180 gms sugar, 1 cup water, 2 tbsp saffron milk, Almonds, chopped, Pistachios, chopped.
- Heat a pan and add ghee, gram flour and milk to it and stir well until it becomes like a dough.
- In another pan, add sugar to boiling water and add the saffron milk.
- Mix this mixture with the Mohan thal mixture and spread the mixture on a plate. Let it cool for a while and add dry fruits for garnishing.
6. Besan ke Ladoo by Gurdip Kaur
The festival of Diwali is incomplete without besan ke ladoo. Take a look at Gurdip Kaur in All ‘Bout Cooking who shows us how to make besan ke Ladoo.
Ingredients: gram flour, ghee,sSugar and cashew powder.
- Heat a pan and add ghee to it. Add gram flour and mix it well. Do not let the mixture burn.
- Add sugar to the mixture and stir it well. Add cashew powder to it.
- Now let the mixture cool down and once it has, make round ladoos out of it.
7. Shrikhand ki Katli by Ranveer Brar
Ranveer Brar has yet again managed to make our mouths water with this lip-smacking dish. He showed us how to make a unique katli out of Shrikhand. Try this recipe on Diwali and show your family and friends the twist you bought to katali.
Ingredients: 2 cups of sugar, 2 cups of hung curd, 1 cup shrikhand, 50 gm almonds, ½ tsp saffron, 1 tsp desi ghee, pistachios, rose petals.
- Cook the hung curd, sugar and shrikhand in a cooking pan.
- Add finely chopped almonds and saffron to the same and stir well.
- Once it has cooled down, spread the batter on a plate and let it cool down.
- Add pistachios and rose petals for dressing.
Watch more such recipes, streaming only on ZEE5