Kriti Sanon is an actress who has created her own space in the film industry. Known for her good looks and evolving acting skills, the actress has done ten films in her eight-year career, delivering some fine work.
Kriti Sanon was shy and studious in her school days. Topper in her class, she sometimes cried due to the immense pressure of exams. She has always been a confident person. She loved to dance and used to perform on Madhuri's Akhiyaan Milaoon song for her relatives. Her mother enrolled her for a five-year professional course in Kathak.
During her school days, an hour of travelling three days a week for classes was tiresome. But today, she's thankful that her mother forced her into it as now it is easier for her to catch the beats & rhythm, helps with her posture and has created a base to learn other dance forms.
Kriti Sanon has always been a sensitive person and used to cry when people scold her. During her first ramp walk, Kriti got the choreography a bit wrong. This didn't go well with the choreographer. At the end of the show, she shouted at her before twenty models.
The moment she sat in the auto, she cried till she was home. Her mother then told her she should rethink if this were the line she wanted to enter. Because, here, a person needs to be thick-skinned, emotionally stronger and more confident than she is.
Kriti Sanon was in her college days and got into modelling. She stumbled across the Fresh-Face modelling competition in her second year. The prize included a portfolio with Dabboo Ratnani. She won the title, did the photoshoot and was overwhelmed with offers for ramp walks. On one such show, Manish Malhotra suggested she should try movies.
She shared her desire to be an actress with her parents. She had juggled her college and modelling well and scored 87%. Her parents were apprehensive about leaving a secure career for an unsure one.
To pacify them, she cleared GMAT, which is valid for five years. She then came to Mumbai and her struggling days began. There were days when she was frustrated due to no work. People would reject her, saying she's way too good looking; people won't relate to her without any imperfections. But she was determined & continued working for an opportunity.
Having a plan B made sure that she didn't make misguided decisions. She was passionate about getting into acting, not desperate. One such incident confirms it. She was auditioning for a role where she smiled beautifully and introduced herself. The auditioners asked her if she could swim, and she replied positively. But with the same confidence, she also adds she is not comfortable in two-piece and sets her boundaries.
Like that, she confidently went for auditions for a debut. And when the right offer came, she signed it in mere ten minutes.
When Kriti did her first film, she was feeling very restless and insecure. In the city, she only had her agency to lean on. They told her to wait before she signs another project till the release of the film so that she can assess reviews. She got good reviews for a newcomer and started further baby steps towards her dream.
She had her agency & managers who supported her. But she's headstrong and does what she wants to do, which sometimes gets her managers irked. During Raabta, she finally got a chance to explore her character. She went for workshops and started learning more. She started loving her craft. She learned her acting method and started growing as an actor.
Kriti Sanon has walked out for one reason or the other from many blockbusters. She was the first choice for Malang, but she was already doing Housefull 4 & Panipat, so it couldn't work out. She rejected Haseen Dilruba as she found the character too bold. Some issues remained unresolved for her to work in Half Girlfriend. Singh Is Bling couldn't work out as the shooting got delayed, and when it did, her dates started clashing with other projects. She walked out of Dhamaka, and the producers were perplexed; why?
Kriti posted her dance video on the song Hawa Hawa to promote Arjun Kapoor's Mubarakan. But Bhairavi Didn't like the video and called her a deranged woman with no headlights or bumper. She asked how Kriti became an actor. Kriti savagely replied to her body shaming by tweeting that she's glad Bhairavi got some publicity.
When the debate on nepotism started, Kriti was among those who said that her journey to Bollywood could have been easier if she were a starkid. People would have already known her, and she could have got an opportunity easily. She was then trolled for launching her sister.
Kriti, today, feels at home in the industry and doesn't like to be called an outsider.
Kriti feels the celebrities should be responsible in social matters given that they can reach the masses easily. She's a member of Fankind and supports children's education because she believes it can bring about real change in society.
Kriti has a hunger to do more. She is willing to explore and learn the craft and present some good films to her audience. Her calibre will surely take her graph upwards.
|Career Debut||Film Bollywood - Heropanti (2014)
Film Telugu - Nenokkadine (2014)
|Birth Place||New Delhi|
|Home Town||New Delhi|
|School||Delhi Public School, R K Puram, Delhi|
|College||Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
|Educational Qualification||B. Tech. in Electronics and Telecommunication|
|Food Habits||Not Known|
|Hobbies||Meditation, cooking, watching cricket|
Gaurav Arora (Model & Actor, rumour)
Sushant Singh Rajput (Actor)
Sister(s): Nupur Sanon (Younger)
|Food||Chocolates, cheese cakes, custards, moong dal ka halwa|
|Actor||Hrithik Roshan, Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Rekha, Madhuri Dixit, Kajol, Julia Roberts|
|Bollywood||Hum Aapke Hain Koun|
|Sports||Cricket and Football|
|Songs||Kese Muje Tum Mil Gaye|
|Holiday Destination||Dubai, Goa|
|Car Collection||Mercedes-Maybach GLS
|Salary (approx)||INR 1-2 crore/film|
|Net Worth (approx)||$2.6 Million|
1) Posing with cheetahs in Zambia National Park: Kriti shared a picture of herself posing with cheetahs in Zambia National Park. She captioned the same as, 'He wanted a selfie. Couldn't say no.' People are bashing her for promoting captivity of animals.
2) Body shamed by the Hate Story actress Bhairavi Goswami: Kriti posted a video of herself dancing to Hawa Hawa to promote Arjun Kapoor starrer Mubarakan. The Hate Story actress Bhairavi Goswami took to her Twitter and wrote, 'She is really behaving like a deranged woman.
3) Wild dance with Sushant Singh Rajput: Kriti along with her then rumoured boyfriend Sushant Singh Rajput attended Manish Malhotra's birthday bash. The rumours of them dancing wildly in the party were doing the rounds.
4) Kriti Sanon's giraffe controversy: She was called out for posing with a live size giraffe for a popular magazine. Responding to the controversy, the actress said that it was a normal photoshoot in a grand hotel in London; the decor was in the wildlife zone.
1) During her studies, she participated in a contest on a website after her sister clicked her photos and sent them. Luckily she won the contest and got a free portfolio by Dabboo Ratnani and also got a 1-year contract with a reputed modelling agency.
2) She is a trained kathak dancer
3) She was a state-level boxer.
4) After her engineering, she got two job offers through placements, but she denied those job offers and moved to Mumbai.
5) She was the first choice for Akshay Kumar Singh is Bling but later she refused to work in the film as she got the offer of another film Farzi opposite Shahid Kapoor, though the film shelved