Add some extra flavour to your Onam Sadhya by making these delicious dishes
Enjoy these delicious Payasam varieties from ZEE5 to add the twist to your Onam Sadhya!
For Malayali’s around the world, Onam is definitely the favourite time of the year. The harvest festival reminds us of the fun family time and get-togethers with friends. One of the most irreplaceable parts of Onam is definitely the food! Known for its varieties in different parts of the state, Sadhya forms the most important part of the auspicious festival.
Be it any Sadhya from any part of Kerala, Payasam is an essential item in the menu. Looking for its easy recipe for Onam 2020? Here are #2 special Payasam recipes from ZEE5 for all those who have a sweet tooth!
Missed out on the Onam special Malayalam movie My Santa starring Dileep? Watch it here:
Easy Aval Payasam
Onam is not complete without Payasam and here is an easy fix to cure your sweet cravings for Malayali’s favourite dessert. Watch the video below and read the instructions to make a tasty Payasam during this Onam.
- Add Ghee to a heated pan and add cashews to fry in the same.
- Fry raisins in it.
- After taking the raisins and cashew off from it, add Aval (flattened rice) to the ghee.
- In another pan heat milk and add sugar if necessary.
- Add Aval to the boiling milk and mix well.
- Add some powdered Elaichi to the mix and stir well.
- Add condensed milk to the mix and stir well.
- After it is cooked according to your consistency, garnish it with fried raisins and cashew.
- Serve the Payasam hot or cold according to your preference!
Who doesn’t love to experiment with the traditional Payasam! Parathaman in Malayalam means important and this dish is an irreplaceable part of Onam Sadhya. Check out this video below and read the easy instructions below to make the best Prathaman during this festival!
- Add chopped Karikku (Tender Coconut) in a pan and cook it in tender coconut water.
- To the cooked coconut, add Jaggery syrup and cook once again
- Heat ghee in another pan and fry cashews and raisins.
- To the cooked Karikku and Jaggery mix add coconut milk and continue to stir and cook.
- Garnish the Prathaman with raisins, cashews and Elaichi powder to serve hot.
So Which Payasam variant are you going to try this Onam? Tell us in the comments below!
For more entertainment and drama, watch the Zee Keralam TV serial Pookalam Varavayi, streaming now on ZEE5.