5 Details That Fueled The Conspiracy Theory That China Used The Virus As A Biological Weapon
Here’s why false conspiracy theory spread like wildfire during this pandemic about China using Covid-19 as a biological weapon.
London Confidential is an upcoming ZEE5 Original spy thriller. This film starring Mouni Roy and Purab Kohli in leading roles is a story of RAW Agents in London who put their lives in danger in order to find evidence against the Chinese created a pandemic using a virus as a biological weapon. This conspiracy though highly popular across the world was debunked by scientists and authorities.
London Confidential is a fictional film created by crime writer Hussain Zaidi. The film is set in a post-pandemic world and touches on the Indo-China conflict that we are in the middle of right now.
Watch a teaser for London Confidential here.
Here are some of the details that convinced many people that China was using the pandemic for its own advantage
1. There were reports of a cover-up by China when the disease was still in the early phases of spread. When China finally admitted there was an outbreak, it was too late to stop the virus.
2. The seafood and animal meat market in Wuhan market where the virus is said to have originated in Wuhan is also in close proximity to the Wuhan Institute of Virology.
3. Adding to this, there were reports of a Chinese scientist couple being expelled from a centre of virology in Canada. However, they denied the link between its disciplinary action and spread of Covid-19.
4. In a 1981 film, The Eyes of Darkness has an extraordinary match with the spread of Covid-19. The virus in the film is named as Wuhan-1000 and the city of Wuhan was its epicentre.
5. Some went so far as to link the virus to China’s 5G technology. China launched 5G technology in November 2019 and the first cases of Coronavirus were registered in December 2019 with infections starting in November itself.
While this might be a tempting theory, it is still just a theory. Scientists have proved that SARS-CoV-2 is not a laboratory construct or a purposefully manipulated virus. The Ministry of External Affairs in India is even collaborating with China to stop people from labelling they virus as ‘China Virus’.
Watch London Confidential on ZEE5 to see how a spy thriller in a post-pandemic world would look like. Find regular updates about India’s battle with Coronavirus, on ZEE5 News.