If a single actress has made the most significant cultural impact, it is Kareena Kapoor. She is known for her gorgeous looks, distinct acting style and having an extremely loveable personality. Her personal and professional lives have been widely discussed, analyzed and even been controversial. Kareena has gone through various highs and lows, always being kind, generous and humble.
Kareena Kapoor has lived her life like an open book, often telling personal stories through podcasts, books and chat shows. She is one person who intimately understands how to sell gossip better than most Bollywood journalists. Kareena is also addicted to the latest gossip, and her sibling Ranbir is often chatting with one another, keeping track of it on Whatsapp. If there's anything significant happening in the industry, she has the inside scoop of it all.
Kareena Kapoor is famous for her blockbuster roles and for not doing them. Here are just some of the parts and movies that she rejected-
Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai: It was initially supposed to be her big debut film and even started shooting. However, she immediately felt that the role of Hrithik Roshan was much more prominent, so she decided to walk out of the movie. The movie turned out to be a huge blockbuster.
Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram-Leela: She was the first choice for this movie, but Kareena Kapoor didn't find the character that interesting. Kareena has since then regretted never being part of a Bhansali movie.
Queen: This one is a hard pill to swallow as it turned Kangana into a superstar. However, after seeing her performance, maybe it was meant to be for her only.
Fashion: This movie helped Priyanka win the Filmfare award for Best Actress, and Kareena helped pave the way. Later on, she did the movie Heroine, but we all know how that turned out.
When her elder sister Karishma Kapoor travelled to sets for shooting, she would often accompany them. It became a fun activity for her, but it put the seed in her mind of being an actress somewhere along the way. Offspring of Bollywood families join the same industry because of how much it is part of their childhood.
When Kareena was shooting for Jab We Met, she thought that the film wouldn't be a big hit. She saw it as a passion project of Shahid Kapoor and Imtiaz Ali. Kareena thought that Tashan would be her big break and was dieting to show off her iconic Zero figure look. Ultimately Jab We Met became a spectacular hit, changed her career, and is still recognized by the character of Geet. Tashan failed severely, but she fell for Saif, so this film changed her personal life.
Did you know that her grandfather, Raj Kapoor, initially had named her Siddhima? However, it was later changed to Kareena, with the key inspiration being Anna Karenina by the Russian author Leo Tolstoy. This was the novel that her mother used to read while being pregnant with her.
The scene where Rancho and his gang break into Mona's wedding has some voiceover dubbing over it. More specifically, the part where Kareena is mocking them with the demo dialogue. The actor's voice is often dubbed because the directors feel like the tonality does not match the scene. It is a prevalent practice, but many people don't realize the shift because it is so subtle.
Being a mother of two children is highly time-intensive, but that hasn't stopped Kareena from being in the limelight. She's now branched into other avenues that are less time-consuming than acting like Chat show host, author, and radio personality. She has effectively created a healthy balance between personal and professional life.
Kareena Kapoor is the most recognizable personality in the whole of India. You can go to small towns or villages; you will see her face on every hoarding. Her reach into heartland India is surprising considering she is one of the urban, chique actresses. This is just further proof that Kareena is the evergreen actress of the 21st Century.
|Career Debut||Film: Refugee (2000)
|Birth Place||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|Home Town||Mumbai, Maharashtra|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai Welham Girls' School, Dehradun|
|College||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||College Dropout|
|Hobbies||Reading, Swimming and Yoga|
|Marriage Date||First Marriage: 16-10-2012
|Marriage Location||Bandra West, Mumbai
Hrithik Roshan (Actor)
Shahid Kapoor (Actor)
Saif Ali Khan (Actor)
Husband: Saif Ali Khan (Actor) (m. 2012)
Sister(s): Karisma Kapoor (Actress)
|Food||Dal-Chawal, Pasta and Spaghetti|
|Actor||Raj Kapoor, Shah Rukh Khan|
|Actress||Kajol, Nargis, Meena Kumari|
|Bollywood||Awaara, Sangam, Bobby, Kal Aaj Aur Kal|
|Hollywood||Breakfast At Tiffany's, Cat On A Hot Tin Roof, Love Story, Ben Hur|
|colour||Red and Black|
|Holiday Destination||Switzerland and London|
|Perfume||Jean Paul Gaultier’s Classique|
|Car Collection||Land Rover Range Rover Sport
Lexus LX 470
BMW 7-series Audi Q7
|Salary (approx)||$1.47 million (Rs. 11 crore/film as of 2018)|
|Net Worth (approx)||$60 million (INR 4.46 million as of 2018)|
1) There had been her catfights with Bipasha Basu on the sets of the film Ajnabee, as she publicly took a dig at her skin tone by calling her a "kali billi".
2) She publicly made fun of Priyanka Chopra's accent, after which Priyanka finally replied by saying that she got it from the same place that Saif got his from.
3) The Kurbaan movie poster featured Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan. This was the first time Kareena was caught in a political controversy because of her bare-back poster.
4) The couple was badly trolled, insulted, and abused as soon as the news of them tying the knot was out. People alleged Kareena Kapoor of converting to Islam and giving their marriage an angle of Love Jihad.
5) Kareena was trolled for naming her son Taimur and compared it with ‘Taimur,’ the ruthless ruler of Turkey.
6) Many diehard fans of Saifeena still can’t forget the controversial MMS where Kareena and Shahid were reportedly caught in a steamy hot liplock that shocked everyone
1) Very few people know that her birth name was "Siddhima", given by her grandfather, Raj Kapoor.
2) Her name "Kareena"; was derived from the novel, Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
3) In 2010, she adopted the Chanderi village (famous for its Chanderi saris) in Madhya Pradesh, to provide it with electricity.
4) In an interview, she revealed that she does not wash her jeans for a month because she feels it more comfortable to wear that way.
5) For her glamorous role in the film Heroine (2012), she wore 130+ different dresses, which were designed by the top designers from all over the world, one of which was worth ₹1.5 crores.
6) She was the first choice for Sanjay Leela Bhansali film, Goliyon Ki Raasleela: Ram-Leela, but she turned down the offer