Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Kapil Sharma- Here’s How Much Famous Hosts Charge Per Episode
Here’s how much TV’s famous hosts – Salman Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Kapil Sharma and others – cost per episode.
There are a lot of Indian shows which are in demand and famous for their respective hosts. Any show’s success highly depends on how the host manages to keep things entertained and engaging. For that matter, the host might as well be known as the leading face of the show. They add value and entertainment in their own special way. Not just calling out the names and winners but they also become a huge support system for the contestants emotionally as well.
They deserve all the praise for giving the viewers best reasons to tune in, and giving the show that extra push towards the elevated ratings.
Let’s take a look at the most popular hosts and how much they charge per episode. SCROLL DOWN —
- SALMAN KHAN – The Bollywood star has been associated with Bigg Boss for a very long period. He has been hosting the weekend episodes since the inception of season 4. Soon he will be completing 10 years with them in the 14th season, which will go on air later this year. Salman charges a tremendously hefty amount of Rs. 20 crores per episode, which makes his income to Rs. 40 crores every week, since he hosts two episodes during the weekend. For the unversed, Bigg Boss is a reality show by Endemol Shine Pvt Ltd. The house hosts around 15 people living together for a minimum of 3 months and they perform different challenges and face obstacles to survive in the house. It airs on Colors TV.
- AMITABH BACHCHAN – The Shehenshah of Bollywood made his television debut in the year 2000 with Kaun Banega Crorepati as a host. Ever since the show has started, Big B has been a special part of it. His presence makes it what it is today. The veteran actor easily charges around Rs. 5 crores every episode. The show airs 5 days a week. KBC is a platform where ordinary people from across the nation play and answer difficult questions to earn money. The highest amount is placed at Rs. 7 crores. KBC airs on Sony TV.
- MANISH PAUL – Manish Paul has been hosting a variety of reality shows including India’s Got Talent, Indian Idol, Jhalak Dikhla Ja, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa and Dance India Dance. He is a very popular face in Indian television. Reports suggests that Paul charges Rs. 2 to 3 crores every episode. Reportedly this was his quoted amount for Jhalak Dikhla Ja 9.
- KAPIL SHARMA – Popular comedian and actor Kapil Sharma runs his own comedy reality show ‘The Kapil Sharma Show’ which airs on Sony TV. He definitely knows how to run the show despite facing big challenges. He is an expert in making comedy sketches and that’s the reason why the biggest celebrities from all over the world grace their presence on his show. Kapil approximately charges Rs. 80 lakhs to Rs. 90 lakhs per episode of The Kapil Sharma Show.
- ROHIT SHETTY – The Golmaal series director hosts the TV show Khatron Ke Khiladi since 2004. Except for the seventh season, Shetty has hosted every other season. He charges around Rs.35 lakhs per episode. KKK is all about facing your worst fears where 12 contestants perform wild stunts under special supervision to win the title.
- JAY BHANUSHALI – Television actor Jay Bhanushali is loved by most of the people for the lovable host that he is. His presence spreads a positive vibe all around the place. Jay has hosted a number of seasons for Dance India Dance and Indian Idol. He charges Rs. 4 lakhs every episode.
- RITHVIK DHANJANI – Rithvik rose to fame after Ekta Kapoor’s show Pavitra Rishta. Later he turned into a full-time host. He is seen hosting Nach Baliye and Super Dancer and charges Rs. 4 to 5 lakhs per episode.
- BHARTI SINGH – Laughter queen and popular face Bharti Singh has been hosting comedy shows like The Kapil Sharma Show, Comedy Circus, Comedy Nights Bachao and India’s Got Talent. She is a powerhouse of talent who has tremendous comedy skills to make the show a treat for the viewers. Bharti charges Rs. 6 to 7 lakhs per episode.