Mitali Mayekar and Aroh Welankar’s show Ladachi Me Lek Ga has gained popularity over a couple of weeks. The show also stars veteran actress Smita Tambe. The show is in the headlines due to its extraordinary concept. It is a story of a young, bubbly girl who works as a nurse and falls in love with a co-working doctor. But it is a thriller for a reason! The doctor’s mother is a lady don who has a set of knives and gets all her work done at gunpoint. Will this scare Kasturi, who has been brought up in a pampered household which tended to all her needs? We would have to wait to witness that but here is another popular Marathi show that has a protagonist who was exactly like Kasturi in ways more than one!
Watch an episode of Ladachi Me Lek Ga here.
The show Honaar Sun Mi Hya Gharchi was a people’s favorite show for a long! Tejashri Pradhan (who essays the role of Shubhra in Agga Bai Sasubai now, became a popular face due to the show. And this is why we think Kasturi (Mitali Mayekar) is Janhavi reborn.
1. They both have a dominant mother-in-law: While Kasturi has to deal with only mummy, Janhavi had five mothers-in-law who she had to take care of! Her grandmother-in-law was the toughest with her as she thought low of Janhavi but Janhavi proved herself. Will Kasturi do the same?
2. They both share a great connection with their better-halves: Janhavi shared a very good connection with Shree. She almost connected with him on a soul level. And just like that Kasturi and Saurabh share a very good connection!
3. Their backgrounds: Kasturi belongs to a middle-class background like Janhavi who was from a middle-class family and worked hard to earn the bread. They both marry into rich families.
4. They are both ‘ladachi lek‘: Kasturi is loved by her parents and so was Janhavi. They are both ‘apples’ of their parents’ eyes. Janhavi had a step-mother but her father loved her a lot while in Kasturi’s case, her parents love her tot he core.
5. They are both hardworking: Kasturi works as a nurse while Janhavi worked in a bank and both the ladies are hardworking. Janhavi worked to make ends meet while Kasturi too works to support her family.