Sushant Singh Rajput Case: CBI Makes A Special Request To Google For Their Help In The Case – DEETS Insideमनोरंजन/ एंटरटेनमेंट
The Sushant Singh Rajput Case has been a big mystery ever since it has come out to the world. It’s been over a year to his death and looks like the case will re-open as CBI approaches USA for their assistance
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has asked help from the United States via a formal channel, seeking assistance in retrieving deleted data from the e-mail and social media accounts of actor Sushant Singh Rajput to understand if anything happened in the past which could be linked to the day he was found dead at his apartment in Mumbai.
The information has been sought under the MLAT (mutual legal assistance treaty) from California-headquartered Google and Facebook, asking them to share details of all deleted chats, e-mails or posts of the actor so that investigators can analyse the content.
India and the US have an MLAT under which both sides can gain access to information in any domestic investigation, which otherwise may not be possible. While the ministry of home affairs (MHA) is the central authority in India for receiving or sharing such information under MLAT, the attorney general’s office processes such information in the US.
An officer, who didn’t want to be named, said they don’t want to leave any loose ends before we finalise the case. They want to know if there are any particular deleted chats or posts which could be useful in the case.
View this post on Instagram
The development means that finalising the probe in Sushant Singh’s death may take some more time as sharing information through MLATs is a time-consuming process.
The premier agency explained last year through a statement that it is probing the case from all angles. Among the angles it is exploring are abetment of suicide charges against Rhea Chakraborty, as alleged by Rajput’s family; and whether the actor took the step under any professional pressure, nepotism in Bollywood, etc.
Sending the request to the US is part of that exercise only as we don’t want to miss out on any aspect said a second officer, asking not to be named.
Senior advocate Vikas Singh, who represents Sushant Singh’s family, appreciated CBI sending a request to Google and Facebook. He said that he is not surprised because they (CBI) want to do a thorough investigation before they finalise the case. There is a lot of mystery behind Sushant Singh’s death like there are no eyewitnesses, or camera footage to show what happened and he thinks that CBI is trying to find a proper lead.
As per reports on June 14 this year, the CBI, with the help of experts, is also carrying out a detailed psychiatric evaluation to assess Singh’s state of mind prior to his death. It has also examined the reports shared by the Central Forensic Science Laboratory (CFSL).
The 34-year-old actor was found dead in his apartment in Mumbai’s Bandra on June 14 last year. Rajput’s father, KK Singh, lodged a complaint with the Patna police against Rhea Chakraborty, her parents and her brother, Showik, on June 25. The CBI took over the probe in August 2020 on orders of the Supreme Court. Two other agencies — the Enforcement Directorate (ED) and Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) — are also investigating different aspects in the case.
The Mumbai Police, which initially probed the death, had also ruled out any foul play.